We asked our fabulous ModernNurse family to fill in the blank after “You know you’re a NURSE when…” and we got some pretty great responses! We think you’ll relate – see below:
You know you’re a NURSE when…
1. When you are calling in for refills of your OWN medications and hit the number for ” If you are a Dr’s office… Press 2″…Then have to explain to the Tech… Opppsss!! LOL! – Sebrina F.
2. When you are waiting until your bladder is going to explode before going to the bathroom, at home. – Katrina R.
3. When you wash your hands *before* using the toilet… – Cris L.
4. When your first aid kit at home is better then the EMT’s – Barbara W.
5. When you can spot an asthmatic, an ETOH abuser/or drug abuser a mile away. – Kenya M.
6. When you are too tired to be able to fall asleep… and your next shift is 8 hours away. – Melanie M.
7. When you can eat any food and use the bathroom in 5 seconds or less…that’s a seasoned nurse for sure. – Marcia W.
8. Standing up when you eat. – Mary G.
9. When you drive yourself 30 miles to the hospital with kidney stones. – Larissa H.
10. When you point out good veins on people… – Bill D.
11. When you are a psychiatric nurse and you find yourself analyzing people everywhere you go. – Ethelene M.
12. My family has so many nurses that we all use “nursing shorthand” in notes to each other. – Kathy H.
13. When you’re so tired that your hair hurts. – Linda G.
Share your own relatable laughs, groans, and sighs in the comments section below!
This article was republished with permission from SCRUBS Magazine.