As seasoned nursing professionals, we all have them. Tried and true nursing hacks that we have developed throughout our career or learned from a mentor and use on a daily basis. So what's yours? Share in the comments section and let's help each other out. Here's a few of our favorite nursing hacks to get the party started:
1. Put an examination glove over your Stethoscope.
2. Use Coca Cola for clogged G Tubes.
3. Glasses sliding down your nose? Use skin prep to keep those peepers in place.
4. Pulling tegaderm and duoderm parallel to the skin to remove it. It stretches and releases the skin nearly painlessly!
5. Use an alcohol swab to lose that pesky IV tubing!!
6. Open the back of a diaper and fill with ice to use as an ice pack. Very flexible for many body parts, and extremely absorbent. We mostly use it for perineum tears!
7. Don’t have a flush? Wrap the IV tubing around your hand a couple of times then twist.
Your turn! Share your favorite nursing hacks in the comments section below.