Sometimes when we’re listening to the radio, we feel as though an artist is talking directly to us. Here is a list of songs, suggested by nurses, to inspire you, comfort you, or make you smile. We swear they could have been written for or about nurses.
Songs to inspire and comfort
1. Everybody Hurts – R.E.M.
2. Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
3. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon and Garfunkel
4. How To Save A Life – The Fray
5. This Is Your Life (Album Version) – Switchfoot
6. Fix You – Coldplay
7. I Want To Hold Your Hand – Across the Universe Soundtrack
8. Night Nurse (Album Version) – Gregory Isaacs
9. The Nurse Who Loved Me – A Perfect Circle
10. Happy – Leona Lewis
Ten more songs that will make you smile…
Songs to make you smile
For those tough days when you need a smile or just a little extra pep in your step, tune in to these time-tested favorites:
1. She Works Hard For The Money — Donna Summer
2. Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
3. Take This Job And Shove It – David Allan Coe
4. Respect – Aretha Franklin
5. Help – The Beatles
6. Who Needs Sleep? (Album Version) – Barenaked Ladies
7. Manic Monday – The Bangles
8. Bring Me Some Water (Album Version) – Melissa Etheridge
9. That Smell – Lynyrd Skynyrd
10. I Wanna Be Sedated (Remastered Version) – Ramones
How did we do? Share your own song suggestions in the comments section below.
This article was republished with permission from SCRUBS Magazine.