We've all received unsolicited advice --at work, in life, online. But sometimes the advice that we thought was totally useless at the time can turn around and be life-changing later or something we use everyday.
We want to hear from you! What's a piece of advice that you were given that at the time didn't seem that important but later on you realized it was a pearl of wisdom? It can be a life lesson or a work tip or any type of advice that has helped you out. Please share below in the comments and check back to see what your fellow ModernNurse readers shared!
Here's a few useful life/nurse tips that seemed useless at first:
- Practice smiling in the mirror (make believe you won the lottery!).
- Learn to balance lunch trays, water pitchers and a clipboard while running for the telephone.
- Learn to record your favorite TV show—work might call you back in. It’s the only way to stay on track with your favorite new series.
- Compliment people behind their backs. It works wonders!
- Ask anyway, the worst they can say is no.
- Needle nervous patient? Have them sniff a spare alcohol pad right before the needle goes in. The harsh smell is enough of a distraction to keep their mind off the needle. It works!
- Clean your house before leaving for more than five days -nothing better than coming back to a clean house.