We asked our Funny Nurses family to fill in the blank after “You know you’re a NURSE when…” and we got some pretty great responses! We think you’ll relate – see below:
You know you’re a NURSE when…
1. When you sign the credit card receipt at the store…and everything else with “RN” – Meighan H.
2. When you can write a complete paragraph in nursing shorthand and it makes perfect sense… to any other Nurse. Conversely, it is an unbreakable code to anyone else. – Michael F.
3. When you inhale every meal you eat. Even at home literally hardly any chewing. #aintnobodygottimeforthat – Gabi C.
4. When washing your hands before using the toilet. Scrub Nurse FTW! – Makis T.
5. Use sterile technique to open a stick of butter. – Chrissy B.
6. When you make your bed with hospital corners. – Nadine G.
7. You know you work night shift (rotating) when you drive home and sit at a stop sign waiting for it to turn green. – Kay J.
8. Being a male nurse and getting every patient questioning your orientation or calling you doc. – Carl S.
What do you think? Share your own "you know you're a nurse when..." in the comments section below.
This article was republished with permission from SCRUBS Magazine.